In 2019, C&N team members chose to focus their efforts on local military servicemembers to help them obtain access to the care and resources they deserve. We partnered with 17 organizations that have made it their mission to take care of our local military servicemembers in need. Throughout the year, our teams organized fundraisers, volunteer outings and collected basic necessity items. On June 25, we held our largest fundraising event of the year, our 4th annual C&N Charity Classic golf tournament, which raised over $20,000. The donations given by C&N will help military veterans in several ways, including providing them with gas cards and paying for rides to those travelling for treatment, paying for any alterations to make homes more accessible and helping them meet the basic needs of military personnel and their families.
Military organizations, their C&N partners and total monetary donation:
• American Legion Post 246 (Athens, PA) - $3,701.18
• American Legion Post 49 (Troy, PA) - $4,938.10
• Athens, Sayre & Waverly VFW - Post 1536 (Sayre, PA) - $4,419.76
• Canisteo American Legion Post 846 (Hornell & Canisteo, NY) - $5,887.62
• Bath VA (Wellsboro, PA Admin Team) - $14,198.72
• Blue Star Mothers (Lycoming County Team) - $7,417.72
• Delaware Valley Veterans Home (Doylestown & Newtown, PA) - $2,712.30
• Honor Guard (Elkland, PA) - $2,493.15
• Knoxville VFW Post 6750 (Knoxville, PA) - $4,247.36
• Leek Foundation (Coudersport & Wellsboro, PA) - $7,738.58
• Military Share Food Bank (Mansfield & Wellsboro, PA) - $4,091.28
• Liberty VFW Post 6755 (Liberty, PA) - $4,211.76
• Patriots Cove (Monroeton & Towanda, PA) - $4,118.70
• Ride 4 Vets (Emporium, PA) - $2,352.58
• Veterans Association (Port Allegany, PA) - $4,260.79
• Veterans Motorcycle Association (Tioga, PA) - $3,966.08
• Wilkes-Barre VA (Dushore, East Smithfield, Laporte and Wysox, PA) - $6,357.81
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort our teammates have put into this program. The success of GBGT is a direct reflection of the character of our employees and their commitment to their communities. We also thank our customers, community members and business partners for sharing in our passion to give back to the communities we serve.
In 2020, C&N employees and community members voted to support local food banks and backpack programs. This cause has become especially important with the COVID-19 pandemic. There are millions of people out of work who are now relying on food banks for their next meal. To compound this issue, food banks are receiving fewer donations due to consumer demand in stores and supply chain constraints. Because many of the volunteers who help at food banks are senior citizens who are particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus, food banks are also seeing a decline in volunteers to help pack and distribute food items. A few weeks ago, the Central PA Food Bank reach out to C&N to ask for help to meet the increase in demand. C&N’s board of directors approved a $25,000 donation to help with immediate needs, but we also started exploring other options to help our food banks and community members while remaining compliant with the stay at home order. C&N began collecting monetary donations through a variety of online platforms. “We shared the need and posted the link and the response was immediate. We had donations come in, not only from our remote employees who couldn’t give onsite, but from community members, as well. It was truly moving to see how quickly people came together to support their community members who are struggling,” said Caitlin Hilliard, C&N Marketing Specialist.
If you would like to join us in supporting this cause:
• Donate now by visiting cnbankpa.com/GBGT
• Share & Like C&N’s #GivingBackGivingTogether Facebook posts. We donate $1 for every like & share to our libraries.
• Spread the word!
C&N’s Giving Back, Giving Together program was formed by employees in 2015 as a way to do more to support their local communities. In the 5 years since Giving Back, Giving Together started, our employees have raised $336,051 in monetary donations, collected 27,229 item donations and volunteered 415 hours for 20 local food banks (2015), 52 local emergency services organizations (2016) 16 local organizations that support children in need (2017), 23 local public libraries and 17 military organizations (2019).